Bankstown Club workers are calling on the Club to do the right thing by us by:
• Extending workers’ access to JobKeeper as much as possible.
• Meeting with the union for a full briefing and discussion of next steps.
• Explaining the framework used when deciding to choose a worker for redundancy – it must be fair and non-discriminatory.
• Openly communicating the results of who has a job and who does not – we deserve to know who has a job and why.
• Not making redundancy decisions before the consultation process is complete.
Why is this important?
Due to a decline in turnover during the COVID-19 crisis, Bankstown Sports Club has proposed a number of redundancies across the club.
While COVID-19 is hurting all of us, we deserve the opportunity to work through these job cuts together. Union members are calling for fairness and transparency from the Bankstown Sports Club.
of 100 signatures
Sign the petition
By signing this petition, you may be contacted by the United Workers Union and/or Megaphone.
For the purposes of the Commonwealth Electoral Act (1918), petitions on this website are authorised by L. Hilakari, VTHC, 54 Victoria Street, Carlton South. Please note that authorisation does not equal endorsement.