10,000 signatures reached
To: Prime Minister Scott Morrison
Survivors and Allies demand justice for gendered violence in workplaces including Parliament
Dear Prime Minister Scott Morrison,
-Full independent investigations into all cases of gendered violence and timely referrals to appropriate authorities. Full public accountability for findings.
-No perpetrators as policy or law makers. Stand them down.
- Fully implement the 55 recommendations in the Australian Human Rights Commission’s Respect@Work report of the National Inquiry into Sexual Harassment in Australian Workplaces 2020.
- Ratify the International Labor Organisation's Convention on Eliminating Violence and Harassment in the World of Work.
-An independent review into the prevalence of gendered violence in Parliament to be conducted by the Federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner.
-Strengthen the Sex Discrimination Act so that Parliamentarians and Judges are no longer excluded from accountability for sexual harassment and discrimination committed in the course of their employment as public officers.
-Creation of a Code of Conduct for all Federal MP’s that includes the prevention of gendered violence in Houses of Parliament and associated workplaces.
-Mandatory gendered violence and sexual harassment training of all Federal MP’s and their staff on an annual basis.
-Create a safe and equal Australia, starting within our Houses of Parliament by:
1. The enactment of a federal Gender Equality Act to promote the Australian
Government to support gender equality by conducting a national gender equity audit of all
2. Lift public funding for gendered violence prevention from 1% to world’s best practice standards
of 9-12% of the Federal Budget
3. All Australian Parliaments gender equal by 2030
Why is this important?
Decision makers and elected people in positions of power who make laws should not be perpetrators of gendered violence, should not cover up violence or harbour perpetrators or abuse their power without consequence.
Survivors and allies March 4 Justice on 15th March 2021 to deliver our petition to Women Members of Parliament, calling on the Prime Minister to act against gendered violence in Parliament and all work places.
Ending gendered violence in Australia – changing harmful attitudes and behaviours and stopping violent acts - must start at the very top.
How it will be delivered
Survivors and Allies will #March4Justice and deliver signatures to Parliament at a rally on 15th March with a planned national day of action around Australia.