Equality Australia and the Independent Education Union Victoria Tasmania
- Relieving their distress and disadvantage;
- Reducing the prevalence and relieving the effects of depression, suicide, anxiety, bullying and homelessness that they experience;
- Reducing the stigma and discrimination a they experience;
- Advancing and promoting equality and inclusion; and
- Enhancing their actual, and sense of ,safety, security and acceptance. We stand together and we stand proud because no one deserves to be treated as less-than for simply being who they are. Not the rainbow family. Not the trans teenager. Not the teacher or student just trying to go to school.
The Independent Education Union Victoria Tasmania represents 20,000 members in Victorian and Tasmanian non-government schools and educational organisations.
As a member of the Independent Education Union Victoria Tasmania, you are part of a strong voice for all who work in non-government education. IEU membership entitles you to workplace representation and support, legal advice, professional development and training.
Over the last 100 years, the IEU has tirelessly campaigned for the rights of workers in non-government education settings, by advocating for collective bargaining rights, pay parity with Government schools, long service leave, protection from unfair dismissal, discrimination and redundancy. The IEU will continue to campaign for the rights of education workers in Victoria and Tasmania and maintain its unwavering commitment to improving the lives of these workers.
New Campaign Campaigns
Protect LGBTQ+ Victorians from discriminationAll people should be treated equally wherever they work, study or access goods and services, regardless of who they are or who they love. But Victorian laws currently allow faith-based organisations to refuse service to someone based on their sexual orientation or because they are transgender, and allow religious schools to dismiss or expel LGBTQ+ students, staff and teachers. People can also be discriminated against based on their marital or parental status. The Victorian government has announced it will be changing these laws this year and we know the conservative Christian lobby will fight to have the proposal watered down. We must come together in our thousands to show our community supports the changes, and to ensure the strongest possible reform. Will you sign our petition today?4,853 of 5,000 SignaturesCreated by Equality Australia and Independent Education Union Vic/Tas