Finance Sector Union
The Finance Sector Union exists to promote, improve and protect the working conditions and entitlements of its members.
The principal activities of the union are:
- Representing members in workplace and industry wide negotiations with employers and employer organisation.
- Representing members before the Australian industrial relations commission, state industrial tribunals and other court and tribunals on matters relevant to workplace issues.
- Providing information to members about their employment and related rights and obligations.
- Lobbying state and federal government and other relevant bodies about matters of concern to members and their families in relation to employment.
- Publicising to members and to the community issues of concern to members and proposals to address their concerns.
- Conducting research and other activities in order to enable the union to effectively carry out these functions.
- Providing members and their families with access to a range of services on favourable terms.