100 signatures reached
To: Malcolm Turnbull
Save Medicare & Protect Public Health
1. Stop cuts to Medicare which will end bulk billing for critical diagnostic tests & pathology services.
2. End the Medicare Rebate Freeze (a GP tax by stealth).
3. Stop the privatisation of the Medicare payments system.
4. Reverse $1.51 billion in cuts to Tasmania’s public hospitals.
5. Don’t increase the patient co-payment for prescription medicine.
Why is this important?
Our universal public health system is part of what makes Australia great – but it’s under threat from savage cuts and a privatisation agenda.
If Malcolm Turnbull’s Liberals get their way we’ll lose it forever, leaving the sick to suffer.
Now is the time to stand up and fight back against the gutting of our public hospitals, the increased costs on patients and the privatisation of Medicare – before it’s too late.