Petition is successful with 4,851 signatures
Woolworths: Wage equality now!
Woolworths Wyong members have voted to return to work on Thursday 6 August after the company made the following offer:
- All level 1's and 3's will receive a 11.2% increase over 3 years, which is almost double what was offered before the strike
- All level 2's who have had 6 years service with the company will be made level 3's, meaning their pay will increase by 17.4% over 3 years, which is almost double what was offered before the strike
- An 80:20 ratio will apply of permanents to casuals (including agency casuals) - the best one in the Woolworths supply chain, with nothing offered before strike
- Both Woolworths and agency casuals have the right to convert after 12 months' service, with a fairer, transparent conversion process that favours tenure above other factors.
- Site rates of pay for agency casuals to be put in MOU
- Redundancy cap doubled in the event of site closure - from 40 weeks to 82 weeks
- Union rights and recognition including paid union meetings
- Family and domestic violence leave - 5 paid and 5 unpaid
- Natural disaster leave of 2 days paid after devastating NSW bushfires earlier this year
We are proud of our members for taking the fight to one of the biggest companies in this country and inspiring all workers to not just have to accept whatever scraps are tossed their way in this pandemic, but instead stand up, unite and fight for good wages and conditions, decent jobs and a more equal society.