1,000 signatures reached
To: Scott Morrison and the National Cabinet
Take Action For Working Women
Working women have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Women have shouldered the majority of job cuts, while also dealing with unprecedented increases in caring responsibilities.
That's why we're calling on the Morrison government and National Cabinet to take action for working women - we need pandemic support. Governments and employers must work with unions to ensure that working women are safe, respected and equal during this pandemic and going forward into our recovery.
Why is this important?
As we deal with this ongoing pandemic, we must ensure that women are not unfairly burdened with the impact of the crisis and are recognised as integral to our planning for recovery.
Throughout the pandemic women have been unfairly burdened by its impacts. Women:
* are on the front line and doing the vital work that sustains our community
* are working their paid job and doing the additional work of caring for kids at home and assisting remote learning
* have disproportionately had their jobs cut as female dominated sectors like hospitality and retail shut down and lay off workers
* have lost or have no income because they are excluded from JobKeeper
* are experiencing family violence in lockdown where their home may also now be their place of paid work.
We're calling on the Morrison government and the National Cabinet to urgently take action for working women. Women need time to care for themselves and others, to be financially supported, to be safe at work and to be an integral part of the recovery plan. Sign the petition if you agree!